Wednesday, May 2, 2007

[ 6 ] The lost year(s).

No need for too much sharing here. But little by little, I think I was trying to reclaim some happiness through bikes...

The Legend begat a Trek 5500. The Trek begat a Pegoretti Fina Estampa, which begat a Pegoretti Duende. Added to the stable was an Serotta Atlanta in the most amazing orange I've ever seen; this is the color I could see putting 70411 in someday. I built up a Kelly Knobby X bike as a single speed, then gave it gears. I got a great deal on a Gunnar Crosshairs, new, as a commuter/cx training bike. I still had my Vanilla fixie. I found a few frames I did nothing with and ended up reselling (Landshark, Bianchi, Cannondale, even a mint Serotta Hors Categorie and a nice Serotta Otrott ST.)

Here's one.

I was happy-ish, sort of. I really missed that white Serotta, though. Nothing--nothing--felt the same since.

No comments: