Wednesday, May 2, 2007

[ 5 ] Life happens.

Life. Sometimes you go through dark periods, very very dark times, everything's upside down and knotted up like you can't believe. When all the bad stuff you can imagine (and a lot you never could) just piles on and doesn't quit.

[ This sucked. ]

I so badly didn't want to sell, but I didn't see any other choice given what I was facing. You're going through the unimaginable, so you do the unimaginable. You become numb, among other things.

Luckily, my bike went to a good home, and even better person: Tom Byrnes, from my Serotta forum. Such a gentleman, one who appreciated that all bikes aren't created equal; some are more equal than others. Anyway, the deal was done. At least my bike was going to someone with a similar mindset (although I'd never met him in person!) And life as I knew it went on.

No comments: